Crispy Banana Chips

Banana Chips

I was craving a crispy snack, and I found out there were raw bananas in my kitchen. So, I made this simple and awesome snack! These crispy, golden banana chips made from raw bananas are a delicious snack that's perfect for any time of the day.

Recipe Overview

  • ⏱ Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • 🔥 Cook Time: 15 minutes
  • ⌛ Total Time: 20 minutes
  • 🍽 Course: Snack
  • 🌍 Cuisine: Indian
No of servings:

Ingredients

  • 2 raw bananas
  • Oil, for deep frying
  • Salt, to taste
  • 0.5 tsp red chili powder (optional)
  • 0.25 tsp black pepper powder (optional)

Method

  1. Peel the raw bananas if you don't want the peel to be eaten—I am not peeling mine.
  2. Slice them into thin, even rounds using a knife or slicer (I used a slicer because I am not a cutting expert).
  3. Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
  4. Fry the banana slices in batches until they turn golden and crispy.
  5. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
  6. While still warm, add the salt, red chili powder (you can skip this; I added it for extra spice), and black pepper powder. Toss gently to coat evenly.
  7. Let the chips cool completely before serving.

💡 Tips & Tricks

  • Airtight Storage: Store the banana chips in an airtight container to keep them crispy for days.
  • Use a Mandoline Slicer: Slicing them thinly and uniformly ensures they all crisp up evenly without burning.
  • Season While Warm: Spice mixtures adhere much better to the chips right after frying while the surface still holds a light oil layer.

Nutritional Info (Per Serving)

  • Calories: ~180 kcal
  • Protein: ~1.5 g
  • Carbohydrates: ~28 g
  • Fat: ~8 g
  • Fiber: ~3 g

Nutritional values are approximate and may vary depending on deep-frying oil absorption.

Homemade Raw Banana Chips are a quick, crunch-satisfying snack made with simple kitchen ingredients. Perfect for evening tea or mid-day cravings, these chips deliver maximum crispiness with customizable spicy seasonings!

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post